Freitag, 27. Juni 2008
Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2008
Country Living". So I made me a bol of coffee with milk and
sugar and had a little break. Today it was a very nice summer's
eve and a perfect atmosphere to make these pictures, I hope
Book information: "French Country Living" by
Caroline Clifton-Mogg, photography by
Christopher Drake, ISBN 978-1-84597-617-0
Ich habe Euch versprochen Bilder von meinem neusten Buch
"French Country Living" zu machen. Also habe ich mir eine
Bol Kaffee mit Milch und Zucker gemacht und habe mir ein
Päuschen gegönnt. Heute war ein schöner Sommer Abend
und die Perfekte Stimmung um diese Bilder zu machen, ich
hoffe sie gefallen Euch. Infos zum Buch s. o.
Freitag, 13. Juni 2008
These beautiful french bols I bought at the webshop of my dear friend Bianca (WhiteLiving.de) Oh I think they are more than just beautiful. The picture doesn't show their real glory. The glaze get crazed through the years and the colour of the flowers slightly faded, for me a dream of cream ware....
Diese hübschen französischen Bols habe ich im Webshop von meiner Freundin Bianca (WhiteLiving.de) gekauft. Oh sie sind mehr als nur hübsch. Das Bild zeigt nicht wirklich ihre wahre Schönheit. Die Glazur ist über die Jahre krakeliert und die Farbe der Blumen ist leicht verblichen, für mich sind sie ein Traum....
Mittwoch, 11. Juni 2008
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
1998! I think I must admit that my humble life is a very simple and not very thrilling one... 10 Years ago I nearly was doing the same as today, working in a very big German chemistry company as an industrial business management assistant (fulltime job), avocational sewing my bears, my husband was also my husband and our four cats were also already there. admittedly I was 10 years younger, much more gamier and much more slimmer ;0) But nevertheless it is better today! I finally have my own house...
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
- leave the office earlier and go to an appointment with our landscaper to choose our future paving stones (in front of the garage and the parking) and to fix other pending points.
- Make a stop at my brother-in-law to pick up my parcel (my latest book I bought on Amazon “French Country Living” from Caroline Clifton-Mogg).
- Stop at a grocery to buy some salad, veggies, cheese and bread for our supper.
- make some new pictures of my latest buys for a new post (finally) on my blog.
- relax on the sofa, reading and viewing my new book... that’ s all for today.
3) Snacks I enjoy:
- a nice sandwich with mozzarella, tomatoes and pesto (hey dees, nearly took it over)
- Shortbreads with a cup of tea
- fresh Strawberries with self-made mint-sugar and meringue chantilly (to die for)
- I can’t deny: Palatinate Bratwurst on a fresh roll with mustard
- Latkes (Kartoffelpuffer) with applesauce and much, much more....
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
I would give something to my parents and my sister. I would pay the credit for our house in one amount. I would quit my job right away and open my own shop with interior goods and antiques. Donate some money for an animal aid organization. Buy a house in Scotland, one in New England (at the coast) and one in the Provence. (I think the money would be gone faster than I can imagine).
5) Places I have lived:
I was born in Mannheim Germany (near Heidelberg), lived there for two years with my parents, than I lived two years in Croatia with my grandparents (I don’t really remember this time of my life, but the odors and sounds of the house and the nature – I still love them...). Than again lived in Mannheim (my whole youth). And since years I have been living in the palatinate region in a small picturesque wine-village near Bad Duerkheim (Home of the world’s largest wine-barrel). We are surrounded by thousands of vineyards and fruit trees. In our region prosper figs, Olive trees, Lavender, Rosemary, Almond trees and a lot of other Mediterranean plants. But we have also typical German Landscapes, the palatinate forest lies at our very door. The only thing I miss is the coast and the rough northern sea. You see, it is not the worst region to live... (when I find the time, I will make some pics of our landscapes)
6) Peeps I wanna know more about:
I think I will give the “goblet” to Lotta from “EnVilsenLoppa”. She’s got such a beautiful blog and is a sweet person but her blog is completely Swedish... Maybe you will find the will and time to participate and betray us something in English .... (only if you really want to.. don’t feel forced)
The rules of the game have to be posted. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 1-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."