Hello my dears, yes I'm alive but very busy, finished a lot of things at home and I still have to do a lot and I took the time to answer the "tagged-questions" :0) Today my new book arrived - it is so gorgeous!!!! Informations and pictures will follow....
Hallo meine Lieben, ja ich lebe noch, bin aber sehr beschäftigt und habe viele Dinge zu Hause erledigt und habe noch einige zu erledigen, außerdem habe ich mir die Zeit genommen die "tagged-Fragen" zu beantworten (nur in english einfach zu viel Text)... Heute ist mein neues Buch eingetroffen - einfach wunderschön!!!!! Info´s und Bilder folgen.....
Dees from the beautiful blog Vosges Paris tagged me and here are my answers:
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
1998! I think I must admit that my humble life is a very simple and not very thrilling one... 10 Years ago I nearly was doing the same as today, working in a very big German chemistry company as an industrial business management assistant (fulltime job), avocational sewing my bears, my husband was also my husband and our four cats were also already there. admittedly I was 10 years younger, much more gamier and much more slimmer ;0) But nevertheless it is better today! I finally have my own house...
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
- leave the office earlier and go to an appointment with our landscaper to choose our future paving stones (in front of the garage and the parking) and to fix other pending points.
- Make a stop at my brother-in-law to pick up my parcel (my latest book I bought on Amazon “French Country Living” from Caroline Clifton-Mogg).
- Stop at a grocery to buy some salad, veggies, cheese and bread for our supper.
- make some new pictures of my latest buys for a new post (finally) on my blog.
- relax on the sofa, reading and viewing my new book... that’ s all for today.
3) Snacks I enjoy:
- a nice sandwich with mozzarella, tomatoes and pesto (hey dees, nearly took it over)
- Shortbreads with a cup of tea
- fresh Strawberries with self-made mint-sugar and meringue chantilly (to die for)
- I can’t deny: Palatinate Bratwurst on a fresh roll with mustard
- Latkes (Kartoffelpuffer) with applesauce and much, much more....
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
I would give something to my parents and my sister. I would pay the credit for our house in one amount. I would quit my job right away and open my own shop with interior goods and antiques. Donate some money for an animal aid organization. Buy a house in Scotland, one in New England (at the coast) and one in the Provence. (I think the money would be gone faster than I can imagine).
5) Places I have lived:
I was born in Mannheim Germany (near Heidelberg), lived there for two years with my parents, than I lived two years in Croatia with my grandparents (I don’t really remember this time of my life, but the odors and sounds of the house and the nature – I still love them...). Than again lived in Mannheim (my whole youth). And since years I have been living in the palatinate region in a small picturesque wine-village near Bad Duerkheim (Home of the world’s largest wine-barrel). We are surrounded by thousands of vineyards and fruit trees. In our region prosper figs, Olive trees, Lavender, Rosemary, Almond trees and a lot of other Mediterranean plants. But we have also typical German Landscapes, the palatinate forest lies at our very door. The only thing I miss is the coast and the rough northern sea. You see, it is not the worst region to live... (when I find the time, I will make some pics of our landscapes)
6) Peeps I wanna know more about:
I think I will give the “goblet” to Lotta from “EnVilsenLoppa”. She’s got such a beautiful blog and is a sweet person but her blog is completely Swedish... Maybe you will find the will and time to participate and betray us something in English .... (only if you really want to.. don’t feel forced)
The rules of the game have to be posted. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 1-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."